This July and August we invite the public to join us for the 5th Annual Love Water Not Oil Tour.
After riding the existing pipeline route in Wisconsin in mid-July, we will start again and ride against the proposed Line 3 route in Minnesota. Our ride to #StopLine3 will open in East Lake on July 23rd and conclude in Bemidji on August 10th.
We will ride horses along proposed pipeline route against the current of the oil, while connecting with the land spiritually and celebrating the abundance of our Anishinaabe Akiing.
- July 23rd - Launching from Gii-Ishkonigewag Pow Wow, McGregor, MN
- July 26th - 9am Paddle on Big Sandy Lake for Remembrance Day, Feast at 11:30am at Memorial
- July 30th - Wild Rice Feast with the Sioux Chef - Baxter, MN
- August 6th - Paddle on the Straight River - Park Rapids, MN
- August 10th - Bemidji - concert at Rail River Folk School
- More dates and locations TBD
TOUR MEDIA CONTACT:
Winona LaDuke, email@example.com, 218-280-1720
Martin Keller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-220-6515
THE HORSE RIDE AGAINST THE CURRENT OF THE OIL
If you plan to join us for any part or if you’re interested in sponsoring, organizing a group, donating, or volunteering, please contact Nicolette at email@example.com.
If you can't join us but want to support the tour, please donate to Honor The Earth. We rely on grassroots fundraising to make this tour possible.